Friday, December 28, 2018

Shoprite Bursaries South Africa 2019






ABOUT THE COMPANY – SHOPRITE

In 1979, the Shoprite Group was founded in a small town in South Africa by the acquisition of 8 Cape Town-based supermarkets. Today, Shoprite operates more than 270 stores across 16 countries in Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands.
The company also owns almost 2000 corporate stores such as Checkers, Checkers Hyper, Checkers Liquor, Checkers MediRite, OK Furniture, OK Express, House & Home, Hungry Lion, Shoprite Liquor, Shoprite MediRite and Usave.
Apart from the corporate stores, The Shoprite Group also own 367 franchise brands stores across South Africa and Namibia, including: Friendly Stores, Friendly Liquor, Megasave, OK Foods, OK Minimark, OK Grocer, OK Value, Sentra and Enjoy.

ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED

The Shoprite Group are looking for students who want to work for one of the biggest retail companies in South Africa. If you’re looking for a lifetime opportunity and a company in which you can grow and learn about a diverse range of inspirational brands, this bursary may just be for you. Shoprite offers brilliant opportunities for its employees and has a passion for its staff and customers!
This Bursary Scheme is aimed at attracting and funding future Innovative Programmers who have a passion and a vision for ensuring dynamic outputs in an area known for ongoing change.
Bursaries are available within the following fields of study:
  • Accounting (CA Stream)
  • Information Technology
  • Logistics
  • Retail Management/ Hospitality Management

MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT

The bursary ranges from R30 000 to R60 000, depending on the course of study and institution. They aim to cover tuition fees, prescribed books and an allowance for accommodation.
Please note that there is a mandatory work-back requirement – for every year that you are covered by the bursary programme, you will work at Shoprite for the equal amount of time.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive feedback within 30 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
  • South African citizen
  • Currently in Matric AND have obtained a minimum average of 70% for first semester
  • OR
  • Currently studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study AND have obtained a minimum average of 60% for first semester
  • Accounting students: studying towards a BCompt/ Bachelors of Accounting, leading to CTA and qualifying for a registered articles program (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year/ Honours)
  • Information Technology students: studying towards a BSc in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematical Science/ Data Science (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year)
  • Logistics students: studying towards a BComm in Logistics (Quantitative Management)/ BSc in Operational Research or a related qualifications (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year)
  • Retail/ Hospitality Management students: National Diploma:Retail Business or equivalent (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year/ B-Tech)

HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY

Applications must be done online at: https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/Browse/
You will first be required to Register an account on the Shoprite Careers portal here: https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Register
Once you have created an account, you may Login here: https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Login
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation when applying online (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
  • ID document (certified copy of)
  • Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
  • Matric certificate, if completed Matric
  • Latest tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level

CLOSING DATE

31 January 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)

CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER

For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Shoprite Holdings directly:
Head Office
Tel: 021 980 4000
*Read the FAQ’s before contacting Shoprite: https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Content/FAQ-s_-_Applying_for_a_Bursary

41 comments:

  1. I am in serìous need of this bursary, please help me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a serious need for a bursary really quick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Ntshuxeko Bvuma an 18 year old man who is in need of bursary
    For details contact info at 0822835689 or email address Ntshuxekobvuma00@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Mosa Mojaki 18 year's old in need of a Bursary because I just matriculated last year which was 2018 so I can't afford to take a gap year because it will be a waste of time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iam Lebohang and I'm 18 I'm needing the bursary cause I want to go to varsity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seabelo and i am 18 years old i need a Bursary and i have 3 of level 6 and 3 5's and 4 of English

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Siphesihle Mthembu i truly need this bursary so i can study further, for more details
    Contact : 0631977677/0730653812
    Email : Villay732@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. When are you rolling of such bursuries to Zambia where they are needed more ,and where you have invested hugely.Shoprite has shops in almsot over 50 districts in Zambia.Mind you if you choose to introduce this in Zambia am ready to be considered as the first candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm Happiness Ngobese I need the bursary please help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hy I'm in need of this bursary I don't want to take gap year please

      Delete
  10. Good day my name is Moeletsi Modise 17 years old and i just matriculated last year and i need a bursary... I have been granted university entrance but the fees appear to be difficult to pay... Please help

    0797494332

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moeletsi Modise. Email address MoeletsiModise8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a bursary been taking a gap year last year

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im in need of the barsary plz help
    For more info
    Im yamkela 0746874748

    Email : yamzadlamini99@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need bursary to study bachelor of art

    ReplyDelete
  15. Currently in doing teaching i really need funding reply please 0715284874

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need a bursary im doing teaching pgce with unisa 0715284874

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need this Bursary please help me

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need this Bursary please help me

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in need of a bursary as I am studying Management assistant N4 in Tshwane South College.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi I'm Elizabeth I'm in need of bursary taken a gab year it's a difficult thing to do please

    0796345232

    ReplyDelete
  21. Am Sanele Mthethwa desperate for funding of tertiary education bursary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Iam modupe Lerato matriculated I pls need basary I live at sebokeng I HV level 6 in south Sotho 3 in mathematics,physicsand life science, 4 geography ,5 English pls help me contact 0710231111

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi I am asking for a bussary I am going to university this year

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi I'm lungelo I'm asking for a busary inorder to study this year

    ReplyDelete
  25. Am in need of bursary please assist

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning Sir/ Madam is a pleasure to meet you, My name is Thabo Radebe am still young energetic and still wanna study feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am Sphiwe I'm in need of a bursary I need to further up my studies please help me out

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey I'm in need of a bursary that can pay for my studies as I have already been accepted at an institution

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am Thuto in need for the bursary pls assist 0732772407

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey.i am nomvelo ntsele in need for bursary to pay for my studies

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey im akho langa
    I need this bursary

    ReplyDelete
  32. I passed my matric please help me i need bursary to fund my studies because i need to studie further.My parents are not working .I really need help i need that bursary

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am thulani zuzile ,I stay at Gugulethu ,Cape Town. I am in need of a bursary to study my I.T course. I finish matric last year and I got a bachelor's pass nd 1 Distinction

    ReplyDelete